While I was being a homemaker, literally, Lucas set to getting back in the swing of things with his work on campus. He is the director of New Mexico State University's chapter of Destino, a Hispanic ministry seeking to support students, help students grow spiritually, and develop leaders from among the Hispanic and Latino population. It's been hard for him. Pulling out of work for a month to go get yourself a wife from New York, then bringing her home and beginning married life can throw anyone off in terms of their "flow" workwise. But he's doing well. I'm starting to help him in his work where I can, and I've really enjoyed getting to know some of the students he works with.
In addition to unpacking and getting back to work, Lucas and I have enjoyed dating each other while living in the same place (and same house! :). One of our favorite dates is to attend the various Aggie (NMSU's mascot) sporting events. We went to a homecoming parade, tailgate, and football game. I have also gone to my first Aggie basketball game! GOOOOO AGGIES!!! So, slowly but surely we are learning what married life and married dating looks like. So far so good. P.S. New Mexico's fall is like 75 degrees....not normal.
First meal in our new home: Macaroni & cheese with tuna and canned peas! :)
All my stuff as it appeared in our moving truck, which we named "Penske Pete".
Lucas and I at the homecoming bonfire. It was made up of literally hundreds of pallets! The student clubs compete to see who can get the most pallets donated.
We're about 100 ft back because of the blazing heat!
Floats from the Homecoming Parade. The theme was "Viva Las Cruces".
My first Aggie basketball game!

Yay! More blogging, please. Some of us can't get enough info about what you're doing. Prayer letters do not suffice. We love you and the work you're doing is effective!
ReplyDeleteYAY!
hugs
k